Yes, that's right, a crate full of wine! Yummy! Who wouldn't LOOOVE that gift? And, it's perfect for couples who don't really need much. It goes by a few different names: basket of wedding milestones or wedding firsts. Such a cute idea! I also found some with panties thrown in there for each occasion and a similar candle idea too. Check out my Pinterest board! I might have gone pin crazy--don't judge!
First I went searching online for inspiration and poems to go with the "firsts." I found some good poems here and here. Then I typed up all my poems and went shopping! Hubby came with me for the wine search; we NEEDED to get bottles that went with the poems! 11 bottles of wine, 1 sparkling cider, ribbon, burlap, lace, hemp, scrapbook paper, dish towels, a crate, sharpies, and wineglasses later, we have a masterpiece! :)
I used the towels to keep the bottles from getting smashed, cute & functional! You can kind of see them between the bottles. I used 5 towels--2 horizontally and 3 vertically.
To decorate the wine glasses, you need oil-based sharpie paint markers like these:
Draw or write whatever you want and put in a cool oven. Turn to 350 and bake for 20-30 minutes. Let cool in the oven. Then your wine glasses will be customized and hand-washing safe! Can also do this with ceramic mugs, plates, etc. I've done that for teacher appreciation gifts--adorable!
Below you will find a free copy of the poems; however, if you want the fonts to turn out like mine, you will need to make sure you have KG Only Hope, KG Eyes Wide Open, and KG Seven Sixteen downloaded from dafont.com. Can you tell I love KG fonts?!
Yes, this looks crazy on the embeded google drive image above, but when you download it (if you have the correct fonts), it will look just like mine.
***This is just a typical word file, so names, fonts, colors, etc. can all be edited to your liking.***
List of wines: (many are local, so you may not be able to find all of them in your area)
- Wedding Night: The Path Pinot Noir from The Path Winery, Napa, CA
- Honeymoon: Relax Riesling from Schmitt Sohne, Germany
- First Dinner Party: Famigli Pinot Grigio from Winebow Inc, NY
- First Fight: Boom Boom! Syrah from Charles Smith Wines, Mattawa, WA
- First Baby: Wegmans Sparkling Apple Juice
- First New Year's Eve: Rosa Regale Banfi from Vigne Regali, Italy
- First Anniversary: Simply Naked Unoaked Cabernet Sauvignon from Simply Naked Winery, Acampo, CA
- First Vacation: Barefoot Refresh Summer Red from Barefoot Cellars, Modesto, CA
- First Valentine's Day: Love Riesling from Inspire Moore Winery and Vineyard, Naples, NY
- First Thanksgiving: Cranberry Bog from Montezuma Winery, Seneca Falls, NY
- First Christmas Eve: Snow Goose from Goose Watch Winery, Romulus, NY
- First Easter: Spring White Niagara from Bully Hill Vineyards, Hammondsport, NY