1. I love Glee! It's not even funny. In general, I love musicals, so it's pretty amazing to me that I can tune into Fox every week and watch one. That said, The Sound of Music and Mary Poppins are some of my all-time favorite musicals. Julie Andrews is amazing!
2. Needless to say, based on #1, I love music. I find that music can express my feelings and enhance my moods better than anything. My favorites include: Ben Folds, Ben Folds Five, Guster, Matt Nathanson, The Swell Season, Jars of Clay, James Taylor, Rascal Flatts, Lady Antebellum...just to name a few!
3. I am an animal lover. Cats are my favorite animal. They are so independent, but they can also be such snuggle-bugs. We have 2 cats and 2 guinea pigs.
4. I enjoy scrapbooking, but don't usually have any time to spend on it until summer vacation. I especially like these Martha Stewart page covers because they open on the sides near the spine rather than the top...much less slippage.
5. I love to bake! I make some delicious cupcakes and cakes if I do say so myself. I've dabbled in cake decorating, using fondant, and doing tiered cakes, but I really love baking cupcakes the most. They're the perfect dessert, to me. Just the perfect ratio of frosting to cake! I hope that one day I'll make a side-business out of this hobby. I already have business cards!
6. Tropical vacations are the best (even if I don't get to take them often)! I love Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. It's so beautiful, peaceful, and relaxing there; I wish I could go every year!
7. Interior design is very interesting to me. I love to watch the HGTV shows, and I've enjoyed painting and decorating my own home. It think it's fun to figure out which colors go together and plan where you want your furniture. I also have an affinity for buying new bedding and wall decor. You will find the quote "Live well, love much, laugh often" on frames, art, and clocks in every room on my first floor (I'm still working on the second floor!). It's kind of my motto.
Well, I guess that's it! 7 of my favorite things...no more, no less!